AppNexus Hosts Its Inaugural 'What Works' Summit on Online Advertising
April 2010 summit to focus on the evolution of ad networks and aggregators in the new advertising landscape
NEW YORK, AppNexus, the real-time ad platform company, is hosting its first 'What Works' Summit (www.appnexus.com/summit) at the Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco today from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm in connection with the conclusion of ad:tech San Francisco. This inaugural AppNexus Summit will focus on the evolution of ad networks and aggregators in the new display advertising landscape especially in relation to real-time bidding, and will bring together industry leaders to discuss what really works to drive results, build enterprise value, and meet new challenges. The event is sponsored by 24/7 Real Media, Media Innovation Group, AdMeld and Netezza.
Hosting the event will be AppNexus CEO Brian O'Kelley, CTO Mike Nolet, and President Michael Rubenstein, pioneers of the Web's original and most successful ad exchanges, Yahoo!'s Right Media and Google's DoubleClick Ad Exchange. Included in the program will be:
- Fireside Chat with Aaron Easterly of Microsoft and Jonathan Hsu of 24/7 Real Media
- Panel Discussion: What Works for Ad Networks--Business Challenges, moderated by Michael Rubenstein, with panelists:
- David Jacobs, AOL Advertising.com
- Jason Lynn, interCLICK
- Charlie Black, Traffic Marketplace
- Adi Orzel, XTEND
- Denise Colella, AudienceScience
- Ryan Jamboretz, TidalTV
- Presentation on Creating Value in the New Age of Online Advertising by Adam Gross, Chief Marketing Officer, The Jordan-Edminston Group, Inc.
- Panel Discussion: What Works for Ad Networks--Technology Challenges, moderated by Mike Nolet, with panelists:
- Alden DoRosario, Chitika
- Eran Shir, Dapper
- Mark Torrance, Rocket Fuel
- Amiad Solomon, Peer39
- Elad Efraim, eXelate
- Panel Discussion: The Role of Ad Exchanges, Publishers & Inventory Aggregators, moderated by John Ebberts, Publisher & Managing Editor, AdExchanger.com, with panelists:
- Rajeev Goel, Pubmatic
- Ben Barokas, AdMeld
- Raj Chauhan, The Rubicon Project
- Stephan Cunningham, OpenX
- Jason Kelly, Time Inc. Digital
The AppNexus Summit will allow attendees to engage each other about the latest trends and industry developments that are defining the landscape and better understand how to adapt their businesses to thrive in the new age of online advertising.
AppNexus is an advanced ad platform specializing in real-time advertising. Founded and managed by the pioneers of the Web's original and most successful ad exchanges at Yahoo!'s Right Media and Google's DoubleClick, AppNexus offers unparalleled, highly scalable technology, deep industry expertise and plays host to a vibrant community of leading companies within the online advertising ecosystem. Chosen by eBay, the Web's premier online marketer, as its display advertising partner, the AppNexus platform integrates eBay with all the major inventory sources to execute and optimize its real-time media buys. AppNexus offers clients a complete set of ad technology capabilities including data management, optimization, APIs, financial clearing and support for directly negotiated media campaigns. Overall, AppNexus empowers sophisticated companies including direct marketers, ad networks and demand-side platforms to build, manage and optimize their entire display advertising businesses and provides single-point integration to the largest sources of inventory including the major inventory aggregators and ad exchanges like Google's DoubleClick and Microsoft's AdECN.
Based in New York City, AppNexus is backed by an outstanding group of investors, including Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitzfrom LoudCloud/OpsWare; First Round Capital; Venrock; Grape Arbor; Kodiak Venture Partners; Ron Conway; and Khosla Ventures. For more information, go to www.appnexus.com.